This past week I posted asking for suggestions of what I could crochet to get out of my crochet-rut. A suggestion came from Brenna that I could try a wall-hanging. Now, I’ve done some decorative projects before, but I decided to give something new a try (as that was the point). I ended up with this:

20170427_120440

Two things about it. One, I’m disappointed. When I unblocked it, it still doesn’t hold it’s shape well. Also, it kind of looks weird and skull-like at the bottom, which is not what I was going for. Two, I rushed through blocking it because I was on my lunch break and wanted to get it done, which means that it is kind of lopsided.

This experiment didn’t turn out the way I wanted it to, but I am excited to try again. I’ll probably just scrap this one and reuse the dowel, but I wanted to share it with you anyway. I think it’s important for me to share the process of creating things and experimenting with them.

So go on and experiment, because that’s the fun part. 🙂

Until next time,

Emily

Advertisements